Maokai, the Twisted Treant
Items recommended by Riot for MaokaiDoran's Shield Rod of Ages Sunfire Cape Banshee's Veil Frozen Heart Mercury's Treads
- Saplings can be tossed into brush or over terrain to gain line of sight on your enemies.
- Save Vengeful Maelstrom for after your opponents have fully committed to a fight.
- Ranking up Arcane Smash and Twisted Advance gives Maokai powerful crowd control moves, while ranking up Sapling Toss will improve your damage output and ability to farm.
Playing against Maokai
- Saplings can be avoided by placing friendly minions between yourself and them. You can also just outrun them if you're fast.
- Vengeful Maelstrom does more damage if you attack Maokai or his allies within the area of effect. Stay out of the area to avoid the damage.
- Maokai will avoid taking damage while he's using Twisted Advance, so don't waste your spells.
''All around me are empty husks, soulless and unafraid... but I will bring them fear.'' Maokai is a rageful, towering treant who fights the unnatural horrors of the Shadow Isles. He was twisted into a force of vengeance after a magical cataclysm destroyed his home, surviving undeath only through the waters of life infused within his heartwood. Once a peaceful nature spirit, Maokai now furiously battles to banish the scourge of unlife from the Shadow Isles and restore his home to its former beauty.