Xerath, the Magus Ascendant
Items recommended by Riot for XerathDoran's Ring Rod of Ages Rabadon's Deathcap Rylai's Crystal Scepter Void Staff Ionian Boots of Lucidity
- It's easier to land Arcanopulse on an enemy when they're moving toward or away from you, rather than side to side.
- Eye of Destruction will make landing Arcanopulse easier as the target will be slowed.
- If you stun an enemy with Shocking Orb, follow up with a guaranteed center hit on Eye of Destruction.
Playing against Xerath
- Xerath's range can be intimidating, but most champions who close distance with him can trade favorably.
- Xerath takes a long time to engage Rite of the Arcane. Watch for his spellcast animation and start dodging.
- Banshee's Veil will make it much harder for Xerath to land Shocking Orb on you.
''A lifetime as a slave has prepared me for eternity as your master.'' Xerath is an Ascended Magus of ancient Shurima, a being of arcane energy writhing in the broken shards of a magical sarcophagus. For millennia, he was trapped beneath the desert sands, but the rise of Shurima freed him from his ancient prison. Driven insane with power, he now seeks to take what he believes is rightfully his and replace the upstart civilizations of the world with one fashioned in his image.