Warwick, the Blood Hunter
Items recommended by Riot for WarwickDoran's Shield Berserker's Greaves Guardian Angel Spirit Visage Sunfire Cape
- Warwick is a champion particularly well-suited for killing monsters in the forest. Hungering Strike can sustain your health, especially if you are able to get the Blue Sentinel's blue buff.
- Warwick's ultimate can stack on-hit effects such as the Black Cleaver or Wit's End.
Playing against Warwick
- Warwick is a very strong jungler. Wards can help you keep track of his position and enable ganks.
- Warwick is a very strong 1v1 champion, especially late in the game, so stick with your teammates to make him less effective.
- Warwick can solo the dragon on Summoner's Rift early, so try to prevent him from killing it throughout the game.
Warwick was once a man revered for his ability to track down human specimens for the darkest types of scientific research. When his ambitions exceeded his physical limits, he drank a dangerous elixir to transform himself into an unstoppable manhunter. His newfound strength bore a heavy price. Before his transformation, Warwick found his calling in Zaun as a ''procurer'' of human test subjects. Known for his crafty methods and ruthless determination, people regarded him with a cautious mixture of fear and respect. As his reputation grew, so did the demands placed upon him. His clients wanted more rare and dangerous specimens, and they wanted them sooner. To meet their demands, Warwick needed strength that transcended his limited human form. His longtime friend, Singed, devised a powerful formula. The recipe called for three critical components: silver from the Shadow Isles, the fang of a Balefire dire wolf, and the heart of a celestial being. Warwick tracked down the first two in short order, but the third proved a much greater challenge. He traveled to Ionia to trap Soraka, a creature believed to be a child of the stars, but she discovered his ploy and drove him away with powerful magic. Unable to tolerate his failure, Warwick returned to Singed disfigured and furious. He demanded the chemist's incomplete potion, but Singed warned him that the results would be unpredictable. Ignoring his friend's warning, Warwick drank the concoction. The brew transformed him into a creature both man and wolf, infusing him with raw strength and heightened senses. Exhilarated, he immediately began testing his newfound power. Each day his instincts became sharper, but his human half slipped further away. He could feel himself losing control: though he always got his prey, he often failed to bring them back alive. Now he seeks the heart of Soraka to stabilize his transformation before his mind gives way to the feral urges of the beast. ''Eventually the beast catches up with all of us.'' -- Warwick