Garen, The Might of Demacia
Items recommended by Riot for Garen
- Garen's regeneration greatly increases if he can avoid receiving damage for several seconds.
- Judgment deals maximum damage when only hitting a single target. For effective trading, try to position such that only the enemy champion is hit.
- Garen is only constrained by cooldowns, making items such as Black Cleaver very effective for him.
Playing against Garen
- Stack armor items to lower the large amount of physical damage that Garen deals out.
- Try to run away from Garen as your health gets lower, as he can execute you quickly with Demacian Justice.
- Be careful about attacking Garen in brush. It often will lead to taking full damage from Judgment.
- Judgment deals maximum damage when only hitting a single target. If getting out of its radius isn't possible, move through allied minions to reduce damage taken.
Throughout Valoran, the resolve of Demacia's military is alternately celebrated or despised, but always respected. Their ''zero tolerance'' moral code is strictly upheld by civilians and soldiers alike. In combat, this means Demacian troops may not make excuses, flee, or surrender under any circumstance. These principles are espoused to their forces by unrivaled demagogues who lead by example. Garen, the valiant warrior who bears the title ''the Might of Demacia'', is the paradigm to which these leaders are compared. Thousands of great heroes have risen and fallen on the bloody battlefields between Demacia and its preeminent rival, Noxus. It was beneath their mighty banners of war that Garen first met steel with Katarina, the Sinister Blade. The infantrymen who beheld this event (and survived) commented that it seemed as though the two were locked in a mortal waltz against a symphony of clashing blades. Garen, the pride of the Demacian military and leader of the Dauntless Vanguard, returned from this battle breathless for the first time in his career, though some speculate that this was due to reasons other than exhaustion. The plausibility of these rumors was bolstered when, in every instance thereafter, Garen seized the opportunity to encounter the Sinister Blade again. A paragon of Demacian ethic, Garen never entertained such allegations, for he knew others couldn't understand. Even simply the pursuit of a worthy opponent on the battlefield is, to a true warrior, the reason to rise each morning. The promise of one, particularly so beautifully and diametrically opposed, is the validation of his existence. ''The most effective way to kill an opponent is to slice through the man next to him.'' -- Garen, on front line strategy