Dr. Mundo, the Madman of Zaun
Items recommended by Riot for Dr. MundoDoran's Shield Zeke's Harbinger Spirit Visage Sunfire Cape Mercury's Treads
- A well-timed Sadism can bait enemy champions into attacking you even when they lack the damage to finish you.
- Spirit Visage will increase the healing done by your ultimate and lower cooldowns on all of your abilities.
- Cleavers are a powerful tool for killing neutral monsters. Instead of returning to base, farm neutral monsters until your ultimate can heal you.
Playing against Dr. Mundo
- Try to coordinate high-damage abilities with your allies right after Dr. Mundo uses his ultimate, but if you're unable to kill him quickly with burst he will heal through the damage.
- Try casting Ignite when Dr. Mundo uses Sadism to negate a large portion of its healing.
''Beware the Madman of Zaun. In his eyes, you are already dead'' It is said that the man now known as Dr. Mundo was born without any sort of conscience. Instead, he had an unquenchable desire to inflict pain through experimentation. By the time he was five, most of the pets in the Zaun neighborhood where Mundo grew up had gone missing. By his teenage years, his parents were nowhere to be found. By the time he had legally acquired his license to practice medicine, he had been acquitted of thirty-eight separate charges of murder by the Zaun authorities; the lack of evidence made prosecution impossible. Dr. Mundo has become equal parts serial killer and mad scientist, though no one is entirely sure how his butchery qualifies as science. However, he has made tremendous strides in mapping the pain response in the human brain and body, going so far as being able to suppress it, even in the most excruciating of circumstances. He has also tapped into the primal parts of the brain through chemistry, learning how to enhance aggression and adrenaline, as well as dulling conscience and the survival instinct. In short, Dr. Mundo has spent his life creating the perfect science-enhanced killer, an accomplishment that Noxus noticed. The empire was impressed by his ambition, and recruited his talents to initiate a relationship between the two nations. He continues his experiments to this day, even using himself as an experimental subject, as evidenced by his disfigured appearance and his... unique manner of speaking. There are rumors that the High Command in Noxus has given him free reign to pursue his life's work in his spare time.