Zyra, Rise of the Thorns
Items recommended by Riot for ZyraDoran's Ring Rod of Ages Rylai's Crystal Scepter Void Staff Zhonya's Hourglass Ionian Boots of Lucidity
- Placing a seed in your spell's path after you have cast it gives you the best chance of having a seed in the proper spot.
- Seeds grant vision to your team.
- Zyra is a great ambusher - look for opportunities to set a trap of seeds in brush, then lure enemies in.
Playing against Zyra
- Zyra's seeds can be destroyed by stepping on them. If she tries to grow them as you do, dodge back at the last moment.
- Moving closer to Zyra can be a smart move if she places plants too far away from herself.
- Plants take fixed damage from attacks and effects, similar to wards. They also expire quickly on their own.
- Moving the fight to a different area will deprive Zyra of accumulated seeds.
- Seeds placed by Zyra's W are larger, a different color, and grant a small amount of vision to her team.
Longing to take control of her fate, the ancient, dying plant Zyra transferred her consciousness into a human body for a second chance at life. Centuries ago, she and her kind dominated the Kumungu Jungle, using thorns and vines to consume any animal that set foot in their territory. As the years passed, the animal population steadily died off. Food became increasingly scarce, and Zyra could only stand by helplessly as the last of her kin withered away. She thought she would perish alone, until the appearance of an unwary sorceress presented her with an opportunity for salvation. It was the first time in years Zyra had sensed a creature wander so close. Hunger drew her to the sorceress, but some other, deeper instinct compelled her. She enveloped the woman in thorns with ease, but as she savored this final meal, foreign memories invaded her thoughts. She saw great jungles of metal and stone where humans and animals thrived. Potent magic surged through her vines, and she devised an elegant but risky plan to survive. Using the woman's memories, Zyra poured her newfound magic into the creation of a human-shaped vessel. She didn't know what sort of world awaited her, but she had nothing left to lose. When Zyra opened her eyes, she was overwhelmed by the raw power ready at her fingertips. It wasn't until she noticed the shriveled remains of the plant she once was that she realized how vulnerable she had become. If this body died, there would be no network of vines to retreat through, no roots to regrow her... but she felt truly alive. She beheld the world for the first time as animals did, and a dark smile crept across her lips. She was reborn, and there was so much now within her grasp. ''Closer to the flower, closer to the thorns.'' --Zyra