Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper
Items recommended by Riot for VladimirSorcerer's Shoes Rabadon's Deathcap Rylai's Crystal Scepter Haunting Guise Zhonya's Hourglass
- Transfusion instantly deals damage to the enemy before healing Vladimir, making it one of the best last hitting tools in the game.
- Cast Hemoplague where it will afflict the most units.
- Sanguine Pool pops incoming missiles, so it can be used to dodge disables.
Playing against Vladimir
- Try to take Vladimir down before Hemoplague detonates, as it will heal him for each afflicted enemy Champion.
- Making Vladimir use Sanguine Pool at the start of a fight will maximize the Health cost of the ability to him.
- Items that counter Health stacking, such as Liandry's Torment and Blade of the Ruined King, are very effective against Vladimir.
There is a temple hidden in the mountains between Noxus and the Tempest Flats, where the secrets of an ancient and terrifying sorcery are kept. The area surrounding the temple is littered with the exsanguinated corpses of those who have mistakenly wandered too close. These served only to pique the curiosity of Vladimir, when - in his youth - he trekked through these mountains during his flight from Noxus. A day earlier, the teenaged Vladimir had brutally murdered two boys his age, for no better reason than to enjoy the intoxicating scarlet bloom that surged forth. He realized immediately that he would never be able to suppress his murderous desires, and if he remained in Noxus, his foul deeds were sure to catch up with him. Without hesitation, he abandoned the city-state, and journeyed south. The trail of bodies led him to a crumbling stone temple. Inside he found an aging monk who appraised him with eyes of pure crimson. Vladimir surprised the monk by returning the wicked gaze with zeal. Recognizing the boy's sinister craving, the monk taught Vladimir how to manipulate and control the fluid of life, often practicing on passing travelers. When it came time for Vladimir to learn the final lesson, the monk warned that failure would result in death. Vladimir did not fail, but success bore a grisly surprise. During the ritual, every drop of the monk's blood was drawn from his body and fused with Vladimir's, imbuing him with his master's magical essence, and that of every hemomancer before him. Left alone and suddenly without purpose, Vladimir resolved to return to Noxus, demanding enrollment in the League to prove the supremacy of his craft. When the Noxian High Command observed the gruesome fates which befell the palace guards, they elected to avail themselves of Vladimir's unsavory talents. ''That which runs through you will run you through.'' -- Vladimir