For some days now, the new cycle is arrived on the PBE ! Check out what's new and what you are going to play in a few days with your live account.
New champion :
The champion announced yesterday evening, Azir, is now available on the PBE.
You can found all the informations about him by reading our detailed article of his numbers, videos and images here :
Cassiopeia have been slightly rework in this patch. You can find here the complete and updated article of all the changes :
Renekton's splash art and loading screen have been updated :
Galactic Renekton has received a new texture update :
The skin found for Kha'Zix is finally not the ultimate one, but a "normal" skin called Guardian of the sands. Here is its skin spotlight :
Akali's splash art and loading screen have been updated :
An updated icon of Orianna has been found in the files, maybe a sign of a new splash art and loading screen for her :
New game mode :
A new mode is around for some weeks now and should be available in a futur update of the game : Ascension :
'Ascension' game mode coming soon to PBE (Source)5 icons in relation with that new game mode have been found in the games file on the PBE :
The sands of Shurima sweep across the Crystal Scar… bringing with them our next Featured Game Mode: Ascension
This time we’re bending the rules quite a bit for one of our most competitive game modes yet, so bear with us as we get into it!
- Ascension is a 5v5 brawling skirmish played on the Crystal Scar.
- The sands have restricted movement on the Crystal Scar to just the center of the map. You’ll need to use the new ‘Golden Transcendence’ trinket to teleport to a battle platform and enter the fray.
- Victory is points based. The first team to earn 200 points wins!
- Points can be earned by killing enemy players (1 point), capturing Relics of Shurima (3 points) or killing an Ascended (5 points).
- At the sandstorm’s center in the middle of the map is an Ancient Ascendant, Xerath. Defeating him grants Ascension to whomever strikes the killing blow. Ascension gives you awe-inspiring power and double points for every kill you get! This power comes at a price though... all healing effects on the Ascended are dramatically reduced, so burn fast and burn bright!
- Some announcement VO sounds are missing. We’ll have these in shortly. o^_^o
- Air-client background and loading screen art is still WIP.
We’ll be making Ascension available soon™ on PBE, and as always, we want to hear your feedback or if you guys find any bugs. Let us know which champions feel strong, what strategies work best for you and of course.. who is the strongest Ascended!?
New voicesx :
4 champions have got updated voices tonight :
3 new ward skins have been found in store assets, certainly related to Shurima's event and Ascension :
In game text announcements have been redesigned. here are some screens about them, credits to reign of Gaming :
- Drake (only for SR rework)
- Bump nearby players when someone engage him